Tuesday, October 12, 2010

UCLA CEC Presents: Look At This F*Cking Panel: A Sociological Discussion On The Hipster


Last night I was able to go to UCLA and covered

Look At This F*Cking Panel: A Sociological Discussion On The Hipster

It was pretty damn interesting, gave me a better view on “The Hipster”. What I got from it was it’s not really a bad thing to become or be a hipster at all. Its just a trend, like the Hippies and Punks and shit as one of the panelist Gavin McInnes (co-founder of Vice Magazine) had said. He was awesome I thought, he’s pretty raw and completely honest. Which was rad since I thought he knows a lot about the culture. There where a few intense moments from one end of panel to the other. Mary Corey (UCLA History Dept) and Gavin didn’t see eye-to-eye on some shit so it was entertaining to see their different views on the culture of “Hipsters” expressed in one place. With Gavin making a “blow my brains out” motion to as Mary Corey’s answered a question from the audience it was great. Hearing what Mark Hunter (The Cobra Snake) had to say got me pretty inspired. Explaining why he got started. Alexi Wasser (imboycrazy.com) was cool, was pretty boy crazy. Asking a dude that had question from the audience to show his stomach lol. And saying “this is the only reason why I’m here.” I had to cut it a lil early not sure how long it lasted. It was fun an interesting.

No comments: